Employment Opportunities at Tulare Veterinary Hospital
We are looking for a full time/part time associate with excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic. We are primarily a Small Animal (Feline/Canine) hospital with a separate Dairy Herd Health Management practice. We enjoy the support of a friendly, cooperative staff. At this time we are seeking a Small Animal Associate. We have a large and diverse case load, with highly trained support staff to complete requested medical treatments. Out practice is equipped with a wide variety of diagnostic equipment such as; Digital Radiology, Digital Ultrasound, CO2 surgical laser, Cold Laser Therapy, Full IDEXX Laboratory, Large, fully-equipped Surgery Suite, and Digital Dental Radiology.
Dr. Michael Sagartz and Dr. Carlos Rodriguez will be available to provide mentoring as needed.
We offer a Competitive Salary with benefits that include but are not limited to health insurance, paid vacation, retirement plan, CE stipend and professional dues. Our Small Animal Associates are not expected to provide after-hours emergency duty. We are open Monday through Friday, so your weekends would be free for rest and recreation.
We are located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. Tulare County is a wonderful place to put down roots. We are located only two hours from the beach and one hour from the beautiful Sequoia National Forest/Yosemite National Park. Tulare is a safe and diverse community, offering a low cost of living and high quality of life.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your time. We look forward to hearing from you!
Tulare Veterinary Hospital has an opportunity for a Veterinary Technician to join our team!
The Veterinary Technician supports hospital operations by providing quality veterinary care and exceptional service to our patients and clients. You will assist in patient care, conducting examinations, assisting during surgery, provide nursing care, and maintaining patient medical records.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Determine animal requirements by conducting examinations, reviewing care plans and records, completing laboratory tests and studies, and diagnostic imaging.
- Care for patients by taking vital signs, collecting samples, administering medications, drugs, and vaccines, and bandaging and wrapping wounds.
- Assembling required supplies and instruments, bringing patients in for examination and restraining patients.
- Fill prescriptions and administer medications, including proper documentation, logging, and security of controlled drugs.
- Maintain a safe, secure, healthy, and humane environment by following documented standards and procedures in compliance with applicable legal regulations.
- Maintain medical records by documenting patients’ conditions, reactions, and changes, updates database in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate and follow correct procedures in catheter placement, phlebotomy, emergency medicine, and digital radiology.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education, and/or experience.
- Two or more years of experience performing above duties.
- Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT), Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT), Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT), or the Licensed Veterinary Medical Technician (LVMT) preferred.
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, that requires lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion.
- Medical insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Paid time off
Please send resume to email@example.com
Do you know someone who would be interested in applying for any of these positions? Please share this page: