Licensing Information

It is required by law that all dogs (and cats if living in the City of Visalia) be licensed.

In order to receive a license, your animal must receive a rabies vaccination by a licensed veterinarian after they reach three months of age, and if the pet resides in Tulare city limits the pet MUST be Spayed or Neutered. Where you live will determine which governing body you will receive your license from. Once you provide the office your rabies certificate and pay for the license, you will receive a tag to go on the collar of your pet. Because this is required by law, failure to comply can result in fines.

Where to obtain your pet’s license:

If you live in the City of Tulare, please contact:

City of Tulare , Code Enforcement Services, Dog Licensing Program

3817 S. K Street
Tulare, CA 93274
(559) 685-5047

If you live in the City of Visalia, please contact:

Valley Oak SPCA

29016 Hwy 99
Visalia, CA 93277
(559) 651-1111

If you live in the surrounding areas of Tulare County, please contact:

Tulare County Animal Shelter

14131 Avenue 256
Visalia, CA 93292
(559) 636-3647

Hospital Hours

MONDAY :  8:00 am – 5:30 pm
TUESDAY :  8:00 am – 5:30 pm
WEDNESDAY :  6:00 am – 1:00 pm
THURSDAY :  8:00 am – 5:30 pm
FRIDAY :  6:00 am – 2:30 pm
SATURDAY :  Closed
SUNDAY :  Closed